By Azaraimy HH
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, who is also Prime Minister, Defence Minister and Finance Minister, yesterday chaired the first Cabinet Ministers meeting at the Istana Nurul Iman.
It was the first meeting after the announcement of the reshuffling of the new Cabinet effective May 29, 2010. It was the fourth Cabinet reshuffle since the independence.
His Majesty announced a major reshuffle of the Cabinet, including appointing the first woman deputy minister.
Those present yesterday included:
- Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, His Royal Highness Prince Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince;
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah;
- Minister of Education, Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong;
- Minister of Health, Pehin Orang Kaya Johan Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Adanan bin Begawan Pehin Siraja Khatib Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Mohd Yusof;
- Minister of Development, Pehin Orang Kaya Indera Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Haji Suyoi bin Haji Osman;
- Minister of Communications, Pehin Orang Kaya Hamzah Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Abdullah bin Begawan Mudim Dato Paduka Haji Bakar;
- Second Minister of Finance at the Prime Minister's Office, Pehin Orang Kaya Laila Setia Dato Seri Setia Haji Abd Rahman bin Haji Ibrahim;
- Minister of Energy at the Prime Minister's Office, Pehin Datu Singamanteri Col (Rtd) Dato Seri Paduka Haji Mohammad Yasmin bin Haji Umar;
- Minister of Religious Affairs, Pengiran Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Mohammad bin Pengiran Haji Abd Rahman;
- Minister of Home Affairs, Pehin Udana Khatib Dato Paduka Seri Setia Ustaz Haji Awang Badaruddin bin Pengarah Dato Paduka Haji Othman, and
- Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports, Pehin Orang Kaya Pekerma Laila Diraja Dato Paduka Haji Hazair bin Haji Abdullah.
- Borneo Bulletin
(9th July 2010)